Who we are:
SAGE Veterinary Centers is a community of hospitals known for excellence in patient care and collaboration across multiple specialties. Our medical teams have a reputation for delivering a high level of coaching and mentoring to doctors at all levels of their career. We are seeking part-time or full-time Criticalists for our Campbell, Concord and Redwood City hospitals.
Feel free to email Gina Gotsill, Director of Recruiting (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about our culture and this opportunity.
Our hospitals have busy caseloads and highly trained clinical staff who have access to plentiful CE and growth opportunities provided by SAGE’s Learning and Development department. Emergency doctors collaborate with other doctors in the following specialties:
- Critical Care
- Urgent Care
- Internal Medicine
- Physical Rehab
Who you are:
You are a board-certified, residency-trained Criticalist or an individual who has completed an ACVECC approved residency training program in emergency and critical care who is eager to collaborate with stellar peers and staff in cutting-edge facilities. You are looking for a multi-specialty environment with excellent staff that puts patient care first.
General Job Description
Our Criticalists work within the Emergency/Critical Care/Urgent Care department and have primary case responsibility, receiving referrals from primary veterinarians as well as care for the department’s inpatients. Criticalists also help advise on inpatient care for other services, as well as elevate the medical care our medical teams provide by providing formal lecture, didactic, and informal clinic floor CE. Our Redwood City hospital is a VECCS level 2 facility, with other hospitals looking to become certified to level 1 once we get more Criticalists.
Full-time is 4 days/week, largely daytime shifts and some weekends and holidays shared with the Emergency/Critical care doctors. The emergency doctors and Criticalists collaborate to create a fair schedule and take into account everyone’s needs.
We are seeking Criticalists in Campbell, Concord and Redwood City, CA. Our hospitals are approximately 1 hour from San Francisco, 3.5 hrs to the Sierras/Tahoe, or Yosemite.
Some of our values in action:
- Collaboration: With multiple specialties supporting Critical Care, you’ll have the opportunity to share knowledge with a brilliant and diverse community of doctors.
- Sustainability: As our industry changes, smaller, doctor-led community practices are becoming rarer. We are constantly enhancing our model and growth strategy to ensure that the SAGE way thrives and spreads, keeping our core values and methods intact.
- Compassion: Our work is about caring for living creatures, no matter how many legs they use. We place compassion first for our patients and their people, as well as for each other.
- Innovation: Top technology and top skills - we are about pushing the envelope to serve our community.
- The best deserve to be compensated as such. We offer base pay as well as a monthly production bonus based on department production. In addition, SAGE participated in a survey of 172 hospitals (most on the West Coast) and found that our salaries for our Criticalists are above the national median in the survey.
- SAGE also provides a benefits package with generous employer cost sharing that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, commuter benefits, cell phone plan, California licensing fees, liability insurance, uniforms, veterinary association memberships, CE reimbursement annually, ultrasound training, a 401(k) plan that can include employer contributions of up to 3% each year.
- There is opportunity to purchase equity in SAGE as a full-time doctor, and opportunity to be awarded equity in SAGE with tenure.
- If you are interested in leadership roles, we have opportunities to serve on the SAGE Medical Advisory Board to help with decisions related to medical care, opportunities to provide CE to our SAGE employees, as well as opportunities to become part of formal leadership as a Medical Director in our hospitals.
- Paid time off for boards study is available
SAGE Veterinary Centers, a nationally recognized veterinary specialty hospital system, employs 600+ employees and veterinarians in a 24/7 setting. Our doctors and outstanding support staff have created a unique environment emphasizing high caliber, compassionate and ethical service to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians, as well as a continued commitment to the growth and welfare of everyone involved in our organization.
It is the policy of SAGE Centers to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law (sometimes referred to, collectively, as “protected characteristics”).
Visit our careers page to view all current openings! http://www.sagecenters.com/careers/
For questions on the position before applying, please contact Director of Recruiting, Gina Gotsill – email@example.com