Whether you are a resident-in-training or a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency Critical Care, you likely need to obtain a certain number of veterinary continuing education (CE) credits per year. This is necessary to maintain credentials and to abide by state requirements (which may vary by state).
While ACVECC does not endorse one specific conference or CE source, you can find numerous resources throughout the world. Most importantly, make sure the CE meets the requirements as approved by the Standards and Guidelines/Residency Training Committee or the veterinary regulatory agency for your state.
The Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) found at the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) provides a list of providers and programs. Please note that RACE-approved CE is recognized by most AAVSB member boards; however, you should verify recognition with your board and be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of CE (e.g., passive CE, online CE, etc.).
Upcoming Continuing Education
- VECCS Spring Break: April 4-7, 2019 (Costa Rica)
For more details and to register: https://veccs.org/spring2019/
- ACVECC Veterinary Trauma & Critical Care symposium: April 12-14, 2019
This meeting organized by the Veterinary Committee on Trauma (VetCOT) is held annually in conjunction with the Trauma, Critical Care & Acute Care Surgery Conference in Las Vegas, NV. For more info, go here.
- IVECCS: Sept 6-10, 2019 Gaylord National, Washington, DC
For more details: https://veccs.org/portfolio/upcoming-iveccs/
ONLINE CE Opportunities
- Previous Post Graduate Review Sessions from the SCCM meeting can be accessed for online CE HERE.
- Previous Multi-disciplinary Review Sessions (MDR) can be accessed online through the VECCS website for VECCS members HERE. After logging in, go to the webinars/events tab and click on the VECCS Education Portal. An account needs to be set up to access the education offerings. The current year MDR has a small fee but previous years are free.