ACVECC Research Grant:
ACVECC funds a $10,000 grant each year. The ACVECC Research Grant Program is designed to give preference to funding clinically oriented projects that either utilize clinical cases or experimental research and subjects that address a clinically-oriented emergency and/or critical care problem. The committee is particularly interested in “do-able” projects. Pre-proposals are due in early February each year.
For more information on the grant process, contact Lenore Bacek DVM, DACVECC, Chair of the ACVECC Scientific Committee, at email@example.com
Other Funding Opportunities:
VECCF Clinical Inovation Grant
AKC Canine Health Foundation
Collie Health Foundation Grants
EVECC Research Grant
Grayson Jockey Club
Lily Investigator Research
Morris Animal Foundation
Pfizer Investigator Initiated Research
Veterinary Comparative Respiratory Society Grant
Winn Feline Foundation
NESTLÉ PURINA'S VETERINARY RESIDENTS' RESEARCH GRANTS PROGRAM
The objective of this program is to facilitate the advancement of knowledge in canine and feline nutrition and health care, as well as supporting the professional development of residents-in- training at veterinary institutions. Towards this end, a fund has been established that will provide small grants (up to $15,000) to support well-designed research addressing nutritional issues relative to the dog and cat. Invasive or terminal research will not be considered for funding. Only veterinarians enrolled in a recognized residency or graduate degree program, or their mentor on behalf of the resident or graduate student, are eligible to apply for these funds. Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis. Selection will be based on review of research proposals received on, or prior to, the published deadlines. Research proposals will be accepted twice yearly, on or before May 1 and on or before November 1 of each year. To apply, veterinary residents must submit the materials itemized below.
The application packet should include the following:
1. Cover letter describing the intent of the research, the expected new findings likely to come from this research, and the significance of these findings should the research be successful.
2. Research proposal. The proposal must be limited to 5 typed pages, but must include the following sections:
Research Hypothesis or objective
Review of the pertinent literature and prior research
Experimental Design, including anticipated statistical analysis and timing to completion of the project
- Budget, detailing all key expenses. Indirect costs, if included, must be limited to 25% of direct cost less any salary and equipment.
3. Evidence of approval from your institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
4. Evidence of adequacy of skills, equipment and other resources needed to complete the proposed research. If collaborations are necessary, include letters that confirm the collaborators' agreement to participate.
To apply for a Nestlé Purina Resident's Research Grant, please submit the information itemized above for receipt on or before May 1 or November 1 to:
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company
Residents’ Research Grants OR via email to:
c/o Ms. Charlene Lackey Emily.Cross@Purina.Nestle.Com Checkerboard Square, 2S
St. Louis, MO 63164 USA
[Nestlé Purina PetCare Company reserves the right to modify or terminate this program without notice.]